Access Starts Online
A joint initiative between Attitude is Everything and the Association of Independent Festivals.
Attitude is Everything is an Arts Council funded charity, working in partnership with audiences, artists and the music industry to improve accessibility for Deaf and disabled people. Advice and guidance is based on feedback from a network of mystery shoppers, and provided to venues and festivals across the UK through the Charter of Best Practice.
AIF and Attitude is Everything have worked closely in the past, running Disability Equality Training sessions for members and awarding several festivals with the Charter. This initiative was set up in 2015 in response to a joint aspiration to see all AIF member festivals offering comprehensive and clear access information for potential Deaf and disabled customers. The Association of Independent Festivals urges members to participate in this initiative and work to be awarded an Access Starts Online ‘stamp of approval’.
This can be achieved by following five easy steps:
- Download the Access Starts Online – Festival Access Info Guide and Template
- Produce access information based on this guidance
- Seek support from Attitude is Everything during this process if required
- Place this information on a dedicated access information page on your website
- Contact Attitude is Everything to receive the Access Starts Online ‘stamp of approval’
The benefits of gaining the Access Starts Online ‘stamp of approval’ include:
- Publicly demonstrating your commitment to welcoming Deaf and disabled people to your festival
- Phone / email consultation with Attitude is Everything to sign-off your access information
- An Access Starts Online web banner and social media stamp to use as you wish
- Inclusion in press releases and social media campaigns linked to the initiative
- Inclusion on Access Starts Online web pages on the Attitude is Everything website
- Preparatory work that can lead to your festival gaining the Bronze level of Attitude is Everything’s Charter of Best Practice
If you wish to discuss this joint initiative further, contact: Paul Hawkins, Festival Project Manager Email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 020 7383 7979
For some fantastic examples of access information provided by AIF member festivals, check out: